1. The cost price of 10 articles is equal to the selling price of 9 articles. find the profit percent.
a. 101/9 % b. 100/9 % c. 102/9 % d. 103/9 %
2. The ratio of radii of two right circular cylinders is 6:7 and their heights are in the ratio 5:9. The ratio of their respective curved surface areas is a. 14:15 b. 17:19 c. 23:29 d. 10:21
3. In how many ways can the 7 letters A,B,C,D,E,F and G be arranged so that C and E never together.
a. 5040 b. 6480 c. 3600 d. 1440
4. How many numbers are there in all from 4000 to 4999 (both 4000 and 4999 included) having at least one of their digits repeated? a. 356 b. 216 c. 496 d. 504
5. if 1/2x +1/4x+1/8x=14 Then the value of x is: a. 8 b. 12 c. 4 d. 16
6. Which of the following expressions will always be true?
8. Find the value of h[f(1,2,3), g(2,1,-2), h(1,-1,-1)]. a. 0.5 b. none c. 1 d. 0
9. A trapezium with an area of 5100 cm2 has the perpendicular distance between the two parallel sides of 60m .
a. 130 m b. 110 m c. 120 m d. 145 m
10. Find the simple interest on Rs. 306.25 from March 3rd to July 27th( In the same year ) at 3.75 percent.
a. Rs. 4.57 b. Rs. 4.59 c. Rs. 4.53 d. Rs 4.58
11. Dhruv and Naksh drive at the speeds of 36 Kmph and 54 kmph respectively. If Naksh takes 3 hours lesser tha what dhruv takes for the same distance. Then distance is : a. 324 km b. 524 km c. 320 km d. 420 km
12. The radius of wheel of axis's car is 50 cm. What is the distance that the car would cover in 14 revolutions?
a. 11 m b. 22 m c. 33 m d. 44 m
13. P can do a piece of work in 5 days of 8 hours each and Q can do in 4 days of 6 hours each. How long will they take do it working 5 hours a day? a. 2 days b. 3 days c. 4 days d. 5 days
14. Libra had three diamond weighing equal. One of the diamond fell and broke into 4 equal pieces weighing 20gm each. what was the total weight of three diamonds.
a. 200 gm b. 280 gm c. 320 gm d. 240 gm
16. if the antecedent and consequent of a ratio are increased by 5 and 6 respectively then the ratio is 5:6. find the original ratio. a. 5:6 b. 1:2 c. 2:3 d. 3:4
17. Rohit and rahul start from the same point and move away from each other at right angle. After 4 hours they are 80 km apart. if the speed of rohit is 4 kmph more than rahul. what is the speed of rohit?
a. 16 kmph b. 20 kmph c. 12 kmph d. none
18. abhimanyu and supreet can together finish a work in 50 days. They worked together for 35 days and then supreet left. After another 21 days, abhimanyu finished the remaining work. In how many days abhimanyu alone can finish the work? a. 70 days b. 75 days c. 80 days d. 60 days
19. if two fair dice are thrown simultaneously. then what is the probability that sum of the numbers appearing on the top faces of the dice is less than 4? a. 6/14 b. none c. 1/12 d. 3/18
which of the following equations best describes the given curve?
a. (y+3) = x b. y= cos x c. y = tan x d. (x+y) = 0
21. 3 individuals john wright, greg chappell and gary kristen are in the race for the appointment of new coach of team india. The probablities of their appointment are 0.5, 0.3 and 0.2 respectively. If john wright is appointed then probability of ganguly appointed as a captain will be 0.7 and corresponding probablity if greg chappell or gary kristen is appointed are 0.6 and 0.5 respectively. find the overall probability that ganguly will appointed as a captain.
a. 0.63 b. 0.35 c. 0.18 d. 0.89
22. A man spends Rs 660 on tables and chairs. the price of each table is Rs. 150 and the price of each chair is Rs. 20. If he buys maximum number of tables, what is the ratio of chairs to tables purchased?
a. 2: 5 b. 3:5 c. 2:3 d. 3:4
23. two packets are available for sale.
pakcet a: peanuts 100 gms for Rs 48 only
packet b: peanuts 150 gms for Rs 72 only
which is a better buy?
a. both have the same value b. packet b c. data insufficient d. packet a
24.find the surface area of a piece of metal which is in the form of a parellelogram whose base is 10 cm and height is 6.4 cm a. 64 cm2 b. 65 cm2 c. 45 cm2 d. 56 cm2
25. sridevi is younger than rajeev by 4 years. if their ages are in the ratio of 7:9. how old is sridevi?
26. A sum of Rs. 900 amounts to Rs. 950 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest rate is increased by 4%, it would amount to how much?
27. two trains for palwal leave kanpur at 10a.m and 10:30 am and travel at the speeds of 60 kmph and 75 kmph respectively. After how many kilometers from kanpur will the two trains be together?
28. (x + 1/x) = 6 the value of ( x5 + 1/x5 ) = ?
29. In how many ways can 44 people be divided into 22 couples?
30. Find the remainder when ( x3 + 4 x2 + 6 x - 2 ) is divided (x+5)
31. a solid cylinder has total surface area of 462 cm2 . If total surface area of the cylinder is thrice of its curved surface area. then the volume of the cylinder is:
a. 539 cm3 b. 545 cm3 c. 531 cm3 d. 562 cm3
In which year was there lowest wheat import?
a. 1973 b. 1974 c. 1975 d. 1982
33. What is the ratio of number of years which have imports above the average imports to those which have imports below the average imports?
a. 5:3 b. 2: 6 c. 3: 8 d. none
34. The increase in imports in 1982 was what percent of the imports in 1981?
a. 25% b. 5% c. 125% d. 80%
35. The section of a solid right circular cone by a plane containing vertex and perpendicular to base is an equilateral triangle of side 10 cm. find the volume of the cone? a. 221.73 cm3 b.223.73 cm3 c.228.73 cm3 d.226.61 cm3
36. A sum of Rs 468.75 was lent out at simple interest and at the end of 1 year and 8 months, the total amount of Rs 500 is recieved. find the rate of interest. a. 2% b. 4% c. 1% d. 3%
37.Consider the following two curves in the X-Y plane
Which of the following statements is true for -2<= x <=2?
a. The two curves do not intersect. b. The two curves intersect thrice.
c. The two curves intersect twice. d. The two curves intersect once.
38.Give a model for maximizing the profit in a company or minimizing the loss in a conflict with optimization techniques.where quantity f(x) is reffered to as the object function while the vector ‘x’consists of decision variables.
A. None of the mentioned options. B. x* =arg min f(x) C. x* =arg max f(x) D. x* =an-1+an arg min f(x)n
39. A positive integer is selected at random and is divided by 7,what is the probability that the remainder is 1?
A. 3/7 B. 4/7 C. 1/7 D. 2/7
40. A mixture of 40 litres of salt and water contains 70%of salt.how much water must be added to decrease the salt percentage to 40%? A. 40 litres B. 30 litres C. 20 litres D.2 litres
41. Anirudh,Harish and Sahil invested a total of Rs.1,35,000 in the ratio 5:6:4 Anirudh invested has capital for 8 months. Harish invested for 6 months and Sahil invested for 4 months. If they earn a profit of Rs.75,900,then what is the share of Sahil in the profit? A. Rs.12,400 B. Rs.14,700 C. Rs.15,800 D. Rs.13,200
42. A man sets out to cycle from Delhi to Rohtak and at the same time another man starts from Rohtak to cycle to cycle to Delhi. After passing each other they completed their journey in (10/3) hours and (16/3) hours respectively.At what rate does the second man cycle if the first cycle at 8 kmph?
A.6.12 kmph B.6.42 kmph C. 6.22 kmph D. 6.32 kmph
43.Two trains are travelling in opposite directions at uniforms speeds of 60 kmph and 50 kmph.They take 5 seconds to cross each other.If the two trains travelled in the same directions.then a passenger sitting in the faster moving train would have overtaken the other than in 18 seconds.what are the lengths of the trains?
A. 87.78 m and 55 m B.112 m and 78 m C.102.78 m and 50 m D.102.78 m and 55 m
44. A cube is given with an edge of 12 units.it is painted on all faces and then cut into smaller cubes of edge of 4 units. How many cubes will have 2 faces painted? A. 2 B. 12 C. 8 D. 0
45.Two numbers are in the ratio xy,when 2 is added to both the numbers.the ratio becomes 1:2.when 3 is subtracted from both the numbers. The ratio becomes 1:3.Find the sum of x and y. A. 27 B. 24 C. 28 D. 26
46. To earn extra profit,a shopkeeper mixes 30 kg of dal purchased at Rs.36/kg and 26 kg of dal purchased at Rs.20/kg.What will be the profit that he will make if he sells the mixture at Rs.30/kg?
A. Rs.60 B. Rs.80 C. Rs.50 D. Rs.100
47. There are 4 boys and 3 girls.they sit in arrow randomly.what is the probability that all girls are together?
A. 1/14 B. 2/14 C. 5/14 D. 3/14
48. An oblong piece of ground measures 19m 2.5 dm by 12m5dm.Fom centre of each side of the ground,a path 2 m wide goes across to the center of the opposite side.What is the area of the path?
A. 59.5 m2 B. 54 m2 C. 43 m2 D. 34 m2
49. The circumference of the wheel of a truck is 1 meter.To cover a distance of 1.5 km.the number of revolutions made by the wheel are: A. 3000 B. 37 C. 1500 D. 750
50. If (x+(1/x))=4,the value of (x5+(1/x5)) is: A. 724 B. 500 C. 752 D. 525
Read the information given below in the tabke and answer the question that follow.
Gross turnover in lakh
Profit before int. and depr.
Interest in lakh
Depreciation in lakh
51.During which year did the net profit exceed Rs.1 crore for the first time?
A.1985-86 B. 1983-84 C. 1984-85 D. None of the mentioned options
52.During which year was the “gross tutnover” closest to thrice the profit before interest and depression?
A. 1985-86 B. 1983-84 C. 1984-85 D. None of the mentioned options.
53. During which of the given years did the net profit from the highest proportion of the profit before interest and depression? A. 1985-86 B. 1983-84 C. 1984-85 D. None of the mentioned options.
54. A sum was put at simple interest at certain rate for 3 years.Had it been put at 1% higher rate it would have fetched Rs. 63 more. The sum is: A. Rs. 2,400 B. Rs. 2,100 C. Rs. 2,200 D.Rs. 2,480
55.Forwhat value of “k” will the equation (2kx2 + 5kx +2)=0 have equal roots?
A. 2/7 B. 9/4 C. 16/25 D. 7/18
56.In triangle PQR, PQ=6 cm,PR=8 cm and QR=12 cm. Calculate the area of the triangle PQR.
A. 23.33 cm2 B. 17.5 cm2 C. 21.33 cm2 D. 28.67 cm2
57. A company named “Dyona Automobiles”has received an order for 5,000 widgets for a total sale price of $5,000 and wants to determine the gross profit that will be generated by completing the order.
The other details for producing 100,000 widgets are given as follows:
1.Raw Materials Costs-$10,000
2.Direct Labor Costs-$50,000
A. $5,000 B. $4,000 C. $3,000 D. $2,000
58. If m=(2-√3),then the value of (m6+m4+m2+1) /m3 is:
A. 64 B. 56 C. 69 D. 52
59. 28 children can do a piece of work in 50 days.how many children are needed to complete the work in 30 days?
A. 49 B. 40 C. 35 D. 45
60. A certain sum of money becomes Rs.750 in 2 years and becomes Rs.873 in 3.5 years.Find the sum and rate of interest. A. Rs.400, 13% p.a B. Rs.500,11%p.a C. Rs.630,12%p.a D. Rs.600,13%p.a
61. Henna invested Rs.5000 at 12% simple interest p.a.the interest she will receive after 2 years is:
A. Rs.800 B. Rs.1000 C. Rs.600 D. Rs.1200
62.A bag contains 3 red,5yellow and 4 green balls.3 balls are drawn randomly,what is the probability that the ball drawn contains no yellow ball? A. 9/44 B. 37/44 C. 43/44 D. 7/44
63. If a2+b2-4(a+b)= -8,then the value of (a-b) is: A. 4 B. 0 C. 2 D. 8
64. A lent Rs.600 to b for 2 years and Rs.150 to C for 4 years and receive all together Rs.90 as both as interest.Find the rate of interest. A. 4%p.a B. 2%p.a C. 5%p.a D. 3%p.a
65. If the perimeter and the diagonal of a rectangle is 18 cm and √41 cm respectively.Calculate the area of the rectangular field. A. 25 cm2 B. 29 cm2 C. 18 cm2 D. 20 cm2
66. A,B, and C enter into a partnership and their shares are in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4.After 2 months,A withdraws half of his capital and after 10 months,a profit of RS. 378 is divied among them. What is B’s share?
A. Rs.144 B. Rs.156 C. Rs.166 D. Rs.129
67. If a:b =4:1,then √(a/b)+ √(b/a) is :
A. 1 B. 4/5 C. None of the mentioned options D. 5/4
68. A cube is given with an edge of 12 units.It is painted on all faces and then cut into smaller cubes of edge of 4 units.How many cubes will have 2 faces painted?
A. 8 B. 12 C. 0 D. 2
69.Find the area of Rhombus one of whose diagonals measures 8 cm and the other 10 cm.
A. 47 cm2 B. 34cm2 C. 40 cm2 D. 64cm2